Hey all! It’s been awhile since I’ve created a new recipe that was both healthy AND quick to make…not to mention DELICIOUS! This lentil and zucchini pasta recipe was actually a last minute decision and I’m incredibly surprised at how well it turned out and how great tasting it was.
This pasta dish is unlike most out there in regards to the nutrition. Most pasta dishes are packed with carbohydrates and fat…and topped with a large serving of meat. This recipe is 100% Vegan and is low glycemic. Low glycemic means that the meal contains a good balance between healthy carbohydrates and protein (and fiber). The balance of these macronutrients allows for blood sugar to stay at a normal (lower) level, instead of spiking drastically from a meal that is high in unhealthy carbohydrates. Blood sugar stabilization is crucial for prevention of diabetes and obesity.
Ok ok…I know you all just want the recipe…so here we go! Feel free to simply watch the video below or read the step by step instructions of how to make this amazing Lentil and Zucchini Pasta with Roasted Chickpeas and Tomatoes.
- Gather all ingredients, a baking sheet, large pot, pasta strainer, and a large bowl. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray the baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Drain and rinse the chick peas and pour onto the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with garlic salt, and mix well with your hand. Place into the oven on 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven when slightly brown and somewhat crunchy. Leave in longer if you desire them crunchier.
- While the chickpeas are roasting, cook the lentil spaghetti for 7 minutes…just the same as any other pasta. While this is cooking, use a spiralizer to make your zucchini spaghetti. Put the zucchini pasta in a bowl and set off to the side.
- When the lentil spaghetti is done, drain and place back into the pot. Quickly add butter, fire roasted tomatoes, stevia, and red pepper flakes into the pot with the lentil spaghetti. Mix gently due to the spaghetti being a little more “fragile” than most.
- Pour the lentil spaghetti concoction into the bowl with the zucchini noodles and mix gently.
- Remove the Roasted Chick Peas from the oven and mix into the Vegan Spaghetti Concoction. Serve immediately for best flavor and texture!