Crock Pot season is fast approaching and we are all looking for fast and fulfilling recipes that won’t ruin our hard work in the gym. This Low Carb BBQ Chicken recipe is a super quick, easy, and cheap way to feed your entire family with a yummy meal. Flatouts are a great alternative to pizza dough if you are watching your carbs/calories, yet still want to indulge from time to time. Flatouts come in many flavors, but the healthiest option is the “light original” and the “multigrain flax” because they are both low carb, high protein, and high fiber. I actually have these in my refrigerator at all times because they are perfect for a super quick snack. I will sprinkle low fat cheese on a flatout and add turkey pepperoni…pop it in the microwave for 30 seconds and you have a super quick treat that is low glycemic. I will also smear organic nut butter on a flatout for a sweet treat. The flatouts are great in so many way…I highly suggest trying them!
I suggest making the chicken in the Crock Pot during the day so you do not have to deal with boiling the chicken. If you do want t take that route, dice up chicken, add water, and boil for 20 minutes. Pour water out after 20 minutes, and add the “Crock Pot” ingredients and simmer on med heat for 10 additional minutes (with lid). If you decide to take the Crock Pot route, your meal with be prepared in less than 30 minutes!
- Gather all ingredients. Cut fat off of chicken breasts and dice up chicken into bite size pieces. Add all “Crock Pot Ingredients” to the Crock Pot and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 7-10 hours. Make sure the lid is on the entire time.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Peel 2 onions and cut up into long slices. Add onions to a pan with 1 tbsp of olive oil and saute on medium heat for a few minutes. Make sure to continue stirring the onions to ensure they do not burn. When the onions begin to brown, add 1/2 tbsp stevia and saute until the onions are completely caramelized.
- When the chicken is ready, prepare a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Place flatouts on the cookie sheet. Add about 4 tbsp BBQ (more or less to your liking) sauce to each flatout and spread evenly over the entire flatout. Add about 1/3 cup shredded cheese to each flatout (more or less to your liking).
- Add diced BBQ chicken over the cheese and then add the carmelized onions.
- Place the flatouts in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. I cook mine 18 minutes to get the perfect crust texture…but that is completely up to you.
- Remove from the oven and cut the Low Carb BBQ Chicken Pizza into pizza slices or squares. Serve with additional BBQ sauce and enjoy!