I am obsessed with hibachi style food! It has such a great flavor and I have finally figured out the exact ingredient combo to make you feel like you are eating at a Japanese Steakhouse…with A LOT less calories and fat! I suggest making this hibachi vegetable side along with my hibachi chicken and don’t forget a side of my healthy yum yum sauce (recipe is with the chicken recipe)!
Just thinking about this meal makes my mouth water! We have to get started here so I can go make it for dinner!!!
- Gather all ingredients.
- Wash and cut the zucchini into small pieces, your choice of shape.
- Add the zucchini, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, 3 tbsp of spray butter, and 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce into a wok. Add 1 tbsp of chili paste if you would like some heat to your dish. Mix all vegetables well and cook on medium to high heat, stirring every few minutes.
- Add the bean sprouts into the wok once the liquid is almost evaporated. Mix well and cook until the liquid has fully evaporated in order to start browning the vegetables (usually about 10 minutes). As long as you stir every few seconds, you will not “burn” the vegetables… but you definitely want to fully brown them to get the true hibachi flavor.
- At this point, add the remaining spray butter and low sodium soy sauce to the wok and mix well. You should have the temperature on medium at this point and continue cooking as long as you would like in order to reach your desired “brownness.”
- Serve with my hibachi chicken and a side of quinoa if you desire extra carbs. DO NOT FORGET TO TOP WITH A DOLLOP OF MY HEALTHY YUM YUM SAUCE!! MMMMM MMMMM GOOD!!!!