I will be honest in saying that this recipe started as an attempt to make a healthy banana bread pudding recipe! It’s interesting when I start changing ingredients to make the recipe healthier, how different the result can be. I honestly thought this was a fail at the bread pudding, but was a total success as a healthy cinnamon streusel dish. This dish is low glycemic, meaning low sugar (and healthy carbohydrates) and high protein, ultimately having little effect on blood sugar. The importance of this blood sugar regulation is to guarantee that your body stays within the fat burning zone, as opposed to the fat storage zone.
This healthy cinnamon streusel is perfect for a morning meal or even a healthy snack. The healthy protein struesel pairs perfectly with natural nut butter and a dollop of whipped topping. This dish was super easy to make and was ready to eat in under 30 minutes.
- Gather all ingredients, a blender, a small baking tin, measuring cups, and a spoon. Turn the oven on at 350 degrees.
- Tear the bread apart into small bite-sized pieces and place them on a baking/cookie sheet. Heat in the oven for 5 minutes in order to remove all moisture.
- Add all of the healthy protein cinnamon streusel main ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Spray a small baking tin with non-stick cooking spray and pour the healthy protein cinnamon streusel batter into the dish. Add the dried out bread to the batter and mix well in order to submerge all pieces of bread.
- Clean out the blender and add the crunchy topping ingredients. Blend well in order to make a crunchy mixture. Do not blend until the mixture becomes a powder. Sprinkle the crunch topping on top of the cinnamon streusel mixture and somewhat pat down into the batter.
- Bake the dish on 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve with bananas, natural nut butter, and/or whipped topping. Try it as is and you may want to simply enjoy it plain. Enjoy!