Everyone loves popsicles this time of year!!! The only problem with the majority of store bought popsicles, is the fact that they are packed with sugar and carbohydrates, therefore extremely high on the glycemic index. Some people are still not aware that consuming large amounts of fruit and fruit drinks is a quick way to pack on the pounds, not to mention, can potentially lead to developing diabetes in the future.
The trick to eating fruit for your betterment is to choose fruits that are low glycemic and have little affect on blood sugar. The best low glycemic fruits to consume are berries. I highly recommend staying away from watermelon and pineapple, because these are the two fruits that cause the biggest spike in blood sugar when consumed.
Okay okay, back to these delicious healthy strawberry lemonade yogurt bars! The beauty of making these popsicles, is that you can switch up the recipe according to your preferred taste/sweetness liking/etc. If you prefer raspberries, blackberries, or blueberries in addition or in place of the strawberries…have at it!!! The kids will enjoy helping you make these healthy popsicles…and will love eating them!
- Gather all ingredients, the popsicles holders, a bowl, blender, and a spoon.
- Add all ingredients (except the strawberries) into the bowl and mix well with a spoon until all ingredients are mixed well.
- Add the strawberries into the blender and blend just long enough to chop up the berries. DO NOT COMPLETELY PUREE, leave chunky.
- Pour the chopped berries into the bowl with the yogurt mixture. Mix well.
- Pour the healthy strawberry lemonade yogurt mixture into each individual popsicle space, leaving a tiny bit of unfilled space at the top. Secure the handles to each spot and place in the freezer for at least 4 hours.
- When you are ready to enjoy, remove from the freezer and pour under hot water. This will loosen the handle from the holder and allow you to pop out a popsicle. Enjoy:)
If you would like to purchase a Popsicle container set, look no further!