You all know that I will create a trifle out of just about anything! I had left over Healthy Protein Nutella Mousse, so I decided to combine/layer that with plain (non-fat) Greek yogurt, lite whipped topping, and a few mini dark chocolate chips. The end result was rather scrumptious if I don’t say so myself!
- Gather all ingredients, a cookie sheet, a spoon, a nut cracker, and preheat oven to 400 degrees. Remove the hazelnuts from their shells (by cracking them).
- Throw away the shells and place the hazelnuts on the cookie sheet and roast for 6-8 minutes in the oven at 400 degrees. Remove the roasted hazelnuts from the oven and roll the hazelnuts in paper towels in order to remove the skins. This was the step that I failed miserably at, but I assure you, it doesn’t make much of a difference in the taste department. If you are a sucker for the creamy texture of the Nutella Spread, try to remove as much skin as possible. I also suggest adding 1 tbsp of coconut oil to the recipe if you want that extra creaminess that the actual Nutella Spread has. I obviously went the healthiest route, and passed on the additional oil.
- Add the “skinned” hazelnuts to a food processor and blend the nuts until they become a creamy texture. Add all other ingredients after about 1 minute of grinding up the hazelnuts. Make sure to scrape the sides of the food processor to ensure you are thoroughly blending all ingredients.
- Scoop out 3/4 cup of the healthy Nutella Spread from the Blender/Food Processor and place the remaining amount into a sealed container. Feel free to eat the remaining healthy Nutella on toast or however you wish.
- Add 3/4 cup of the Healthy Nutella Spread back in the food processor along with all other ingredients. Blend all ingredients together for at least 2 minutes or until well blended. The texture is similar to mouse. You can use this as a spread on whole grain toast, as a healthy icing, and in a trifle dessert. I will post my Healthy Nutella and Greek Yogurt Trifle recipe very soon! Keep this store in a sealed container in the refrigerator and enjoy for up to a week!
- Gather the ingredients to make the trifle as well as small clear containers/glasses.
- First, scoop about 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt into a glass. Next, scoop about 3 tbsp lite whipped topping over the yogurt. Sprinkle 2 tsp mini dark chocolate chips over the whipped topping. Next, scoop about 1/4 cup of Healthy Protein Nutella Mousse into the container. Repeat layers one ore time. Top with more mini chocolate chips and a small scoop of whipped topping. Store in the refrigerator until you are ready to eat. Enjoy!