Who doesn’t love a good breakfast casserole?! Most of the breakfast casserole recipes you will find are extremely high in saturated fat and carbohydrates…but not this one! We all know how it feels to eat a heavy breakfast and regret it all day because you feel uncomfortable and bloated even hours after the meal! This dish is great if you want to feed a group of people and fill them up without making them feel terrible the rest of the day.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Gather all ingredients, pan, knife, cutting board, bowl, and a baking dish.
- Clean the vegetables and chop up the florets of the broccoli. You can use some of the stems, but try to mostly use the florets. Add the broccoli to the pan with water and sauté on medium to high heat for about 7-10 minutes or until water has completely evaporated and the broccoli begins to brown.
- While the broccoli is cooking, “devein” and “deseed” the peppers. Dice the peppers and add to the broccoli (in the pan) when very little water is left in the pan. Continue to cook the vegetables on medium to high heat for about 3 minutes. Thrown the spinach into the pan and sauté for just 1 minute along with the other vegetables. Feel free to substitute other vegetables in place or addition to the vegetables I used here.
- While the vegetables are cooking, add all “egg ingredients” to a bowl and whisk together for at least 1 minute in order to mix well. The cream cheese may not fully blend…and that is okay because it will melt while in the oven.
- Spray a baking dish with pam and pour the “egg ingredients” into the pan. Scoop in the vegetables and then sprinkle the top with grated parmesan cheese and low fat shredded cheese.
- Bake the Egg and Vegetable casserole for 30 minutes on 375 degrees. Feel free to broil for 1-2 minutes to brown the top if desired. Serve with low sodium turkey bacon to top off this yummy dish!