This was my first attempt at black bean brownies, and they SURPASSED my expectations!!! I basically took a gamble with the ingredients, and somehow these brownies were perfection! I promise you that you will be missing out on a delicious dessert if you do not try these! The prep time is under 5 minutes and the recipe is fool-proof!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Gather all ingredients:
- Drain the water from the black beans and rinse well with water.
- Add all ingredients, except the chocolate chips, in the food processor and blend together for at least 1 minute. Make sure you scrape the sides of the processor and blend until all ingredients are very smooth.
- Spray a pan with pam cooking spray (I used 13 x 9, but use 8 x 8 for thick brownies) and pour the brownie batter into the baking pan. If you want to add a little more chocolate to the brownies, sprinkle 2-3 tbsp of dark or milk-chocolate chips over the batter.
- Place the brownie batter into the oven and cook on 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before cutting into squares. ENJOY!!!!